If you are using Windows 11 computer and want to disable / turn off touchpad tap to click, then you have landed on the right page. You can easily disable the single finger and two fingers tap in Windows 11 following few steps.
If you are someone whose work revolves around typing in Microsoft Word or Google docs or any other writing platform then you might have faced situations where your palm by mistake touches the touchpad interrupting the work. In such situations, disabling the touchpad tap to click will be the best solution. If you are using a separate mouse, disabling the touchpad gestures will help you to avoid any such situations. In this article, we are going to explain in detail about how to turn off touchpad tap to click on Windows 11.
Turn off Touchpad Tap to Click on Windows 11
Follow the below steps to know how to turn off the touchpad tap to click on Windows 11.
- Click on the start button and then click on the Settings icon to open the Settings window.
- Alternatively, you can press Win + I to open the Windows settings.
- Look out for the Bluetooth & devices section and click on it.
- On the right pane side of the screen, you will be able to see the touchpad menu. Click on it.
- Now you need to click on the ‘Taps’ option.
- Here you will be able to see four different options.
Tap with a single finger to single-click
Tap with two fingers to right-click
Tap twice and drag to multi-select
Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click
- If you are trying to disable the single click functionality, then you can untick the checkbox beside the ‘Tap with a single finger to single-click’ option.
- If you want to disable the double click functionality as well, then you need to untick the checkbox beside the ‘Tap with two fingers to right-click’ option.
- If you want to disable the multi-select and right-click gestures of the touchpad, then you need to untick the checkbox beside the ‘Tap twice and drag to multi-select’ and ‘press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click’ option as well.
- Once you are done with it, close the settings window. The changes will be applied automatically. You don’t need to restart your computer for this task to be implemented.
How to enable Touchpad click:
If you have already disabled the touchpad clicking on your Windows 11 laptop and want to enable it now, you can do it in few steps. Open the Settings window by pressing the Win + I shortcut on your computer. Go to the Bluetooth & Devices section and then click on the Touchpads menu. Now click on the taps option and here you will be able to see the four options. In order to enable the touchpad clicking, tick the boxes beside the ‘Tap with a single finger to single-click and Tap with two fingers to right-click settings. If you want you can also tick the boxes beside the ‘Tap twice and drag to multi-select’ and ‘Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click’ options.
Hope we have covered everything about how to disable the touchpad tap to click on Windows 11 computer. If you have any queries regarding the above article, then please let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you with the best solution as soon as possible.